Web YOUR DOMAIN NAME

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Google going for buyouts

Recently Google bought youtube for $1.65 billion. But it didnt stop it from going ahead and buying JotSpot, the technology behind wikipedia.

According to times online:
"JotSpot's products, which include an online spreedsheet system, could further bulk up Google's portfolio as it seeks to ramp up pressure on Google. In return, JotSpot, which already has several business customers, will gain access to Google's massive data centres, or "server farms".


Joe Kraus, JotSpot co-founder and chief executive officer, said in his blog today: "We watched them acquire Writely, and launch Google Groups, Google Spreadsheets and Google Apps for Your Domain. It was pretty apparent that Google shared our vision for how groups of people can create, manage and share information online."

2 Comments:

At 2:58 AM, Blogger Chuck said...

Man I'm glad I found your blog about publicity sales. It's a good bit of information on publicity sales.

 
At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Updating my bookmarks... see you're still here. Looks different than I remembered. I've updated my stuff too - :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home